I wrote about my inherited tendency toward technological/emotional hoarding for Medium’s personal-writing collection, Human Parts.
Everyone says the first few weeks after graduating from college are the worst. So I decided to write about them. Here’s my first post on Medium.
In the most recent issue of The Spectator, we published a feature titled “Know Thy Shelf,” a riff on Hamilton’s motto. John Rufo, Sean Henry-Smith and I interviewed students and faculty members at the College about their shelves and how their contents serve as representations of self. We decided to expand the idea into an ongoing blog project, which you can check out here.
I’ve been working for Hamilton College’s weekly student newspaper, The Spectator, since I was a first-year—starting as a copy editor then moving up to positions in production and news editing. In March, I took over as editor-in-chief. Below you can find some of the pieces I’ve written for the Spec, as well as layouts I designed.
Listed in chronological order:
- Watch This Mind-Controlled Robot Fly
- What Will Humans Look Like in 100,000 Years
- iCoil Keeps Your Headphones Tangle-Free
- This $79 Sensor Could Keep Your Stress in Check
- Digital ‘Library for All’ Brings Books to Developing World
- Wi-Fi-Enabled Cutting Board Could Change the Way You Cook
- 3D-Printed Fashion Show Draws Inspiration From Nature
- ‘BXBY’ Is the First Film Composed Entirely of GIFs
- Project Harnesses Artistic Potential of Email
- Journalists Mourn Death of Helen Thomas
- ‘Intern’ Magazine Expands Dialogue on Unpaid Work Experience
- UPS Offers 3D Printing in Stores
- Google’s Sergey Brin Backed Lab-Grown Beef Burger
- 10 Things ‘The O.C.’ Taught Us About High School Romance
- D.C. Library Adds 3D Printer for Patrons
- Former Microsoft Exec Dies in Connecticut Plane Crash
- 8 OMG Moments in ‘Breaking Bad’ History
- Approaching Darkness: One Man Blogs His Descent Into Alzheimer’s
- DrinkSavvy Cups Detect Date Rape Drugs
- Aaron Paul Calls Redditors ‘Bitch’ in AMA
- ‘Vogue’ September Issue Gives Fashionable Nod to Google Glass
Still not over it: Hillary Clinton To Speak At Hamilton College’s “Great Names” Lecture